Stormpowered will not run

Discuss all issues related to SES games
Majick

Stormpowered will not run

Post by Majick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:59 am

Hi,

In 2016 I bought Distant Guns, Jutland and all the expansions. Now they will not work. When I try to run any of the executables (DG_WWIp.exe, DG_RJWp.exe or SES_Form.exe) it tries to download an update which after a delay returns 'Update failed try again later'.

I don't want an update, I just want to play the game that I have bought. Is this game dead? If so I'm not impressed having spent a considerable amount of money on it.

SES Garbo
Site Admin

Re: Stormpowered will not run

Post by SES Garbo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:16 am

Hi Majick!

I've moved this topic to the support forum.

The first thing you'll need to do is uninstall your games and then follow the link below to download the StormPowered client.

https://stormpowered.com/download.html

Once you have the client installed, log in with your email and password and then download and install your games from your games list.

I hope this helps!

Majick

Post by Majick » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Thanks very much SESGarbo, I'll give it a go

EDIT: Thats seems to have worked, the games are up and running now, thankss very much!

Majick

Post by Majick » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 pm

I'd forgotten what a great game this is, having a great time with it already, thanks Garbo

Majick

Post by Majick » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 am

.......And all of a sudden it doesn't work the next day. What is going on with this?

I've managed to get it to work by uninstalling Stormpowered and reinstalling it again. If I have to do that every day it will get pretty tiresome. Can't the DRM be sorted out on this so that we can use it without these issues? I doubt very much anyone would be interested in copying it after all these years...

SES Garbo
Site Admin

Post by SES Garbo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:18 am

Hi Majick,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. By default the StormPowered client should run on system startup, so try looking in your system tray in the bottom right corner for the StormPowered icon and double click it to see if it will open the client window.

If this doesn't work, please follow the link below and open a support ticket so we can assist you further.

https://support.stormeaglestudios.com

Majick

Post by Majick » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 am

I think probably the issue was that I didn't know it was running on system startup. So I stopped it doing that and run it when I want to play the game, seems good. Thanks again :)