download doesnt work - wont install - fails to open setup

Discuss Distant Guns
agathosdaimon

download doesnt work - wont install - fails to open setup

Post by agathosdaimon » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 pm

Hi

i have downloaded this game via the stormpowered app but then when i select to run it, i get an error saying "failed to open output file", and "failed to extract setup file (3703)" and if i click on the downloaded msi itself, this also has the same error come up - is there an old 16bit installer in the program or something?

SES Garbo
Site Admin

Re: download doesnt work - wont install - fails to open setup

Post by SES Garbo » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:23 am

This seems to be a permissions issue on your end as I just tested the download and install here and it worked fine. So, I have something I'd like for you to try.

Try launching the StormpPowered client as administrator by right-clicking the exe and select the option to run as admin. But before you do, you'll need to manually close the client by clicking Manage > Exit in the top-left corner of the client window. By default, StormPowered is set to run on system startup so if you haven't changed this setting it will need to be closed manually before you can run it as admin. This setting can be changed at any time by clicking Manage > Preferences and checking/unchecking the box for launching on system startup.

Once this is done, try downloading and installing again and let me now if you have any trouble.