I bought Jutland shortly after its release and, like so many others, became extremely dissatisfied with the game's multitude of issues including: auto updates which rendered the game unplayable, the DRM mechanism and the (non existent) support ticket system.
I eventually gave up trying and walked away, which, from what i have learned, is what this company did to its customers leaving many with a broken product and no way of rectifying the issues or receiving a refund - a strange approach to doing business, i thought.
But that was then and now it looks like SES, tainted as it is, has risen again and is touting for money.
Before i even consider re-purchasing your product i would like some answers to the following questions:
1. Is this company still owned by Jim Rose & Norm Koger? If it is then i'm definitely not getting involved.
2. If it is under new ownership, did Jim & Norm fully explain the problems associated with SES's DRM system/customer relations issues? - Which is important as i would hate to think you purchased this company under false pretences.
3. Do i need to download the desktop app to run the game? Because i did and i already get 'installation error' messages - i uninstalled it and re-installed it as administrator, still no joy.
4. When i try to track down my old game through your support server, why am i getting error 404 messages? This issue reminds me of the bad old days of trying to contact SES to get them to fix the game.
5. would you consider releasing a statement on this forum explaining exactly what went wrong back then and why SES decided to abandon its customers with a broken product, and how any prospective new customers can have confidence in this company going forward?
Thanks for your time.
Discuss all SES games and anything off topic here with your fellow players
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am always a bit surprised at these sorts of posts. I really gave never had so much fun with such good games and I never really understood the DRM thing, its pretty seamless and the games still work. I had trouble a few weeks ago and posted a tech question here and got answers right away that fixed the issue. No-one is around to play online of course but the solo campaigns are great and I am even playing one with both sides controlled by me but the two admirals are other players and giving me orders in a PBEM style set up.