A few questions?

Discuss all SES games and anything off topic here with your fellow players
Kepotica

A few questions?

Post by Kepotica » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:39 am

I bought Jutland shortly after its release and, like so many others, became extremely dissatisfied with the game's multitude of issues including: auto updates which rendered the game unplayable, the DRM mechanism and the (non existent) support ticket system.
I eventually gave up trying and walked away, which, from what i have learned, is what this company did to its customers leaving many with a broken product and no way of rectifying the issues or receiving a refund - a strange approach to doing business, i thought.
But that was then and now it looks like SES, tainted as it is, has risen again and is touting for money.

Before i even consider re-purchasing your product i would like some answers to the following questions:

1. Is this company still owned by Jim Rose & Norm Koger? If it is then i'm definitely not getting involved.

2. If it is under new ownership, did Jim & Norm fully explain the problems associated with SES's DRM system/customer relations issues? - Which is important as i would hate to think you purchased this company under false pretences.

3. Do i need to download the desktop app to run the game? Because i did and i already get 'installation error' messages - i uninstalled it and re-installed it as administrator, still no joy.

4. When i try to track down my old game through your support server, why am i getting error 404 messages? This issue reminds me of the bad old days of trying to contact SES to get them to fix the game.

5. would you consider releasing a statement on this forum explaining exactly what went wrong back then and why SES decided to abandon its customers with a broken product, and how any prospective new customers can have confidence in this company going forward?

Thanks for your time.

Saddletank

Re: A few questions?

Post by Saddletank » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:49 pm

I am always a bit surprised at these sorts of posts. I really gave never had so much fun with such good games and I never really understood the DRM thing, its pretty seamless and the games still work. I had trouble a few weeks ago and posted a tech question here and got answers right away that fixed the issue. No-one is around to play online of course but the solo campaigns are great and I am even playing one with both sides controlled by me but the two admirals are other players and giving me orders in a PBEM style set up.